Sunday, August 1, 2010

Want security and privacy? Buy apps from iTunes!

Purchasing apps for your new iPhone 4 or iPad?  Worried about security or privacy issues?  Well if you're purchasing apps from iTunes (Apple's App Store), more than likely, you will be safe.  

You might have heard people complain about Apple's approval process for applications published in the App Store.  These complaints are mostly about the process being long and at times ambiguous.  It appears there is a benefit that comes with it.

I am glad that Apple is providing a 3rd party service to quality assure apps in the App Store.  Because of this, I do not worry about obscure developers on the App Store trying to steal my private information such as contacts on my iPhone.  An article here on this.

Like always, people are making a fuss over Apple's App Store over the little things. Apple has provided a service that benefits both the developer and consumer.   Let me explain...

For small developers, getting an application through the approval process and into the App Store means that consumers will more than likely purchase their app.  Feeling safe in the knowledge that Apple has reviewed the application.  Awesome!  Thank you Apple for this service!

A curated platform is a fantastic proposition for consumers like myself.  Chances are, I will hit the "Buy" button more frequently than I would do on an Android.  I think that's a good outcome for all.

Rejoice developers!  Rejoice consumers!

No comments:

Post a Comment