Sunday, August 22, 2010

Life's still great without Flash on iPhone

I have been using my iPhone for a while now, and haven't found the need for Flash.

To date, I am happy to say that life is great without Flash. Even when I am on the PC, I hardly pay any attention to Flash websites.

To understand why, I should explain how I use my iPhone.

I tend to use it when traveling to and from work. I read the news, technology, sports and social information. That is more than enough to help fill up my time. Mainstream websites redirect your mobile browser to their mobile websites. Where the information is purely textual. This means that your news loads up fast without all that mumbo jumbo content you don't need.

Flash was first created in 1996. Realistically, people started using Flash around 2000. So let's assume that Flash has been around for almost a decade. Can you think of any Flash based websites that you use daily? I can think of none.

Depending on your lifestyle, the additional freedom of Flash is not worth the time. When choosing the iPhone, you will choose a simpler and better user experience. When you purchase apps from iTunes, you can are confident that it is secure (eg. Android apps tend to have more security issues as blogged here).

No comments:

Post a Comment