Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Justifying getting the iPhone 4

Most criticisms at iPhone are hard to dispute mainly because they are true:
-the lack of Flash
-not having the most megapixels for the camera
-antenna problems

Reading about them didn't help inspire confidence in the new iPhone 4. I started reading comparisons about the HTC Desire Android platform and was impressed by the new features in Froyo.

The main reasons I needed a mobile device are:
-Internet Browsing;
-Twitter: keeping up to date with technology news and tweets from people;
-Calendar: my personal assistant
-Evernote: note taking
-Facebook: keeping up to date with friends
-Stocks: monitor the stock market

I hardly use the iPhone as a phone. It appears that the iPhone is more of a mobile companion to me. This is an observation that I have made during the time I have owned the 3G. Despite this, the phone feature is still an important feature for me.

With the improvement in the camera I hope to take better pictures of business cards or meeting black boards.  These images can be either saved to Evernote or MobileMe cloud services.

No comments:

Post a Comment